Thursday, June 20, 2013

Faking It by Cora Carmack

Well guys, Cora Carmack has done it again. She has totally blown me out of the water with this next book in her "Losing It" series. Now I loved everything Cade ever since book 1. Now don’t get me wrong... LOVED Garrick and wanted more of him, but Cade, ::le sigh::, he is the boy next door that every girl dreamed about bringing home to Mom. When we meet our heroine, pink hair, covered in tattoos, lead singer of a band Mackenzie "Max" Miller is far from who you would expect Cade to be drawn to. Her parents have no idea of who their daughter really is because she hides her true self from them so as not to disappoint them. When they make a surprise visit for Thanksgiving, the last person that she wants to introduce to her parents is her current boyfriend "Mace". Yea, he pretty much looks like that sounds. So when she spots Cade in the coffee shop, she makes a proposition that he can’t refuse. Pretend to be her boyfriend for the next 24 hours and just make it though dinner and then they will go their separate ways. They both never expected that by faking it, that it might actually turn into the real thing. Maybe Max was exactly who Cade needed to get over Bliss.
One of my favorite things about this book is that it is told in alternating chapter POV’s so you get a more rounded story. You truly get into the heads of the characters and know exactly what they are thinking and how they are feeling at any given moment. And funny! OMG this book will make you laugh out loud so many times that people will start to move away from you. This book played hackey sack with my heart. I wanted to jump into my kindle and physically shake Max more times than I can remember and oh the dirty dirty things I wanted to do to Cade... let’s just say that someone would be walking funny for a couple of days. I loved every single second of this book and can’t imagine what Ms. Carmack could write that would top it but I am looking forward to reading her next installment in this series. I suggest keeping a box of tissues around while reading this because unless you have a cold black heart, you will, if not cry like a bitch, tear up at least a little. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a fun and sexy romance. 5 stars ALL THE WAY!!!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment